Friday, July 15, 2011

Mannnn!

Dear friends,

It is so hard to believe the summer is almost over. I have the weekend, followed by camp with the middle schoolers, followed by Mexico, and then I am down to ten days left here. PLEASE pray that the Lord will still give me some wonderful conversations with my high school and middle school girls. Honestly, I feel like I have not accomplished anything this summer FOR Orangewood, but I am certain that Orangewood has (by God's grace) accomplished much in me. I have grown so much in my understanding of the Gospel, myself, and ministry. I feel... deepened. Yes, deepened.

In a lot of ways, I wish I was called to be here longer. I feel like the Lord is just now opening up a lot of doors into many people's hearts (both students and other people I have met) for ministry and deep friendship. Yet, I know that I need to be back in Chattanooga soon. Please just pray for God to give me peace with not having done anything amazing this summer. It's really pride, I think, that makes me wish I felt like I had really impacted people here. It's funny, because at the beginning of the summer I told the Lord, "I don't care if I don't get to see it... just use me to reach people. It's fine if I don't have a clue that you've used me." ... but now, at the winding up of it all, I wish I saw "results." Oh silly heart! Trust that God works through His people and does what He intends through and despite us! Please, friends, pray that He has and continues to do great things.

If you are one of my sweet praying friends, I would love prayer that:

1. I'd be able to travel to Mexico in a week. (We never know how safe it will be.) Pray that God will allow me to communicate the love of a Christ through another visit to my precious friends at Casa Hogar.
2. I'd be increasingly humbled and lifted up... and that I'd be learning more and more!
3. Wisdom for Josh and me as we talk through a lot of decisions.
4. Peace and love!

God is good, and I am not. Praise Him!

April

No comments:

Post a Comment