Sunday, May 29, 2011

Praise God!

Well, friends, I have great news! I only have $150 more to raise for my one week mission trip to Acapulco. (I expect it will come in shortly.) Praise the Lord! Please continue to pray that the Lord will keep things safe enough in Acapulco that we will be able to go as planned in late July. I can't wait to see my precious brothers and sisters again. Please continue to pray for their growth in Christ--and for the salvation of those who have not accepted Christ yet.

I have one last day with my family tomorrow and then I fly out on Tuesday to Florida. I am so excited to spend the summer being discipled and taught about youth ministry. I hope the Lord will use me in a lot of little ways. Please pray for my ministry and growth over the summer.

My mother was talking on the phone the other day and telling a friend that I would be gone for the summer, once again. She labeled me "adventurous" in her conversation, which made me think. Am I really adventurous? I actually think I'm a bit of a chicken. At the same time, I love change and new things. Perhaps it is only when God instills a specific idea in my head that I get adventurous. Either way, it's off to the next adventure on Tuesday!

Please continue to lift me up in prayer! Here are some updated requests:

1. That the Lord would give me a firmer grasp of my identity in Jesus.
2. That the Lord would teach me and use me this summer. Pray for the high schoolers at Orangewood, that the Lord would prepare their hearts for this summer.
3. Please pray for a safe trip to Acapulco in July and for the opportunity to follow up with many of my dear friends. Please pray specifically that a few of the teenagers I keep in touch with would be walking with the Lord.
4. Please pray for Josh and me. Ask that the Lord would grow us closer to himself and teach us how to better serve each other and serve together. Please, as always, pray that God's will be done.
5. Please pray that He will teach me to "lean not on my own understanding."

Thank you, for being part of my adventure, by reading these updates! Praise be to our Lord Jesus Christ who remains faithful when we are fickle, who restores us gently as our Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment